Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hey kids...

So, somewhat happy news - I may be leaving my job.

I'm just not getting paid enough.  I'm commuting 3-4 hrs a day and not getting compensated for any of it.  And I'm paying at least $20 a day just in commuting.  And since I get home so late from class and get up so early in the morning for work, I end up eating all 3 meals out of the house and that's costing me a TON.  I think I actually spent more than I'm earning this week.  Also, since there's no centers anymore and it's all tutor-dependent, I'm carrying about (without exaggeration) 50 lbs w me every day on the subway.  So I'm gonna sit down with them and tell them what's up and if they can help me out, that's great.  If not, I'm gone and I'll just work part time at Jen's job where it's much easier and the pay is the exact same (sometimes even more bc of the pay structure at the company) and the hours are more sane.

Dan and I had a big fight the other day, which almost ended up in a breakup.  He needs to get his shit together and get a job and go to therapy and not just sit around all summer.  It wasn't a big screaming fight, but more of a sad "this is what I need from this relationship. If you can't supply that, I have to go" one where he got upset that he was hurting me and decided, at one point, that maybe he should go so he wouldn't continue to do so.  I told him he was an idiot and if he genuinely wants to leave, that's ok, but leaving to avoid hurting me would hurt me more.  So we're ok now, but it's been a genuinely stressful week.  Erica and Alissa - this started the day you both thought I was fighting w you, but I wasn't.  I was just in a shitty mood and it came across wrong.  I did finally get him to say he's IN love with me though.  That was big.  And we talk a little more openly about our future together, instead of me tiptoeing around it like this giant 600 lb gorilla in the room.

Dan and I just bought a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle.  Girls, I was thinkin that maybe this upcoming weekend we can have a girls' night, order in, watch moves, work on it, and drink wine.  Thoughts?  Ari, webcam?

Btw, putting 18 different kinds of beans in your salad makes one very gassy....

1 comment:

  1. dont think i could do it if its this sat, maybe fri?

    ReplyDelete