Sunday, July 26, 2009

And there was much rejoicing

Hey Rachel, you can post now!

I somehow ended up designated poster Re: Adem's BDayBBQ.  I think I volunteered.  Or maybe I was drugged.  Or hypnotized.  Or there was a shiny object.  

Ooooh, shiny object.

There was much food and much rejoicing.  Any night is good that starts out with chocolate-covered figs and strawberries with a blueberry port reduction for the sauce.  Also Cajun Shrimp Fettucine. Mmmm.  And fiesta dip and homemade guac, and cake.  

Christina played a bunch of songs.  She has mellowed out her voice.  There are no longer moments where you're (or at least I'm) convinced someone is strangling a cat.  John seemed particularly taken with her music.  

We all played "Fill in the Blanks of Ari's Life" since all of us seem to be getting different bits and pieces of your story.  You need to post more damn it. Putting together a puzzle not knowing who has what piece is more complicated than all of our over-taxed brains can handle.  And it will only get worse one the girls to to Vegas and kill brain cells not just with mass amounts of alcohol, but from lack of oxygen when they forget to breathe while watching gyrating manflesh at Thunder from Down Under.

All in all the party was fun, all were well fed. Steffie channeled an overgrown breech baby. (yes I did mean to say breech) It lacked the frenetic haphazard energy of an Ari party, of course, but then again it was an Adem-Channeling-Billy-Mays party.

In other News: The Meghan Files
  • Cute boy at softball last week- must pursue, even if he reminds me of Pete.
  • It's hella fucking humid.
  • I have been invited to participate in a threesome, expect an update about all things awkward this weekend.  But there will be cheesesteak, so not all will be lost.
  • OkCupid keeps showing me Jeff as a "User you might like".  Must beat Staff Robot to death.  
  • There are 7 people in the world right now doing their best Tony the Tiger impersonation  for an audience comprised of a pair of scissors, a can of crushed tomatoes and a plastic hanger.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo 3some!

    Also, Christina was quite the good, but was soooooo not in the mood for quiet musicness at happening partytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, 3some. I still don't know who the third is. It's a case of "Eh, why the hell not?" rather than "Oh, YEAH!".

    I didn't mind quiet musicness, although her music tends to be a bit of a downer

    ReplyDelete