Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ok, so maybe I don't hate my job

Basically, I said "I need more money," and *poof* - I got a raise.  Then I said "I can't work here unless you also pay my commute" and *poof* - Metrocard, LIRR, tolls, and gas all paid (my boss doesn't even get her Metrocard paid).  I said I wanted less hours, and suddenly I'm only working 20 a week.  Honestly, this place LOVES me.

An hour later, the mom of my tutee calls, saying that her daughter is in love with me and may perhaps build a shrine to me (she's 7) and she sincerely hopes all the company's tutors are just like me.  My boss told her boss (the Director of the program) who told THE PRESIDENT OF THE ENTIRE FLIPPIN' COMPANY.  That's right - he now thinks I'm amazing.

Then they hired Dan.  And I aced my 2nd teaching exam w/out ever taking an ed course.  Best.  Day.  Ever.

1 comment: